Saturday, July 18, 2009

Le Tour de New Berlin

Jeremy and I really love road biking. We have really enjoyed watching the Tour de France this year. In honor of the Tour I decided for a date night that we would have our own tour. We live in New Berlin so naturally I named it Le Tour de New Berlin. I seriously went all out for this. I just might have gotten a little carried away. We had 10 stages, in each stage there were different contests or games where the winner would receive points and a prize. It was like an ultimate game night and we played every game we have and I even made up some of my own games.
This is the real authentic Tour de New Berlin Sign. I really did get a little carried away. Jeremy was laughing when he saw that I even painted a sign.

This is Jeremy playing some game I made up.


I won stage 2 and Jeremy took me for ice cream.


I also won the Frisbee throwing stage.



The bubble gum contest was the best. It took Jer a while to get this off his cute face.




Jeremy won this contest by a long shot. I need to work on my bubble skills.



So Jeremy ended winning almost all the stages. He also won all the Jersey's (if you follow biking at all you will understand how overboard I went with this.) He won the Yellow Jersey which he is wearing. He won the Green Jersey (Sprint stages), and Red Polka Dot Jersey (Mountain Stages).


I promise I'm really not crazy I just wanted to plan a fun date for Jeremy because he works so hard everyday. This was my small way to show him how much I appreciate all he does for me. We really had such a fun night. Maybe one day we will get to see the real Tour.

4 comments:

Jared & Shanee said...

That is so cute! You are like the cutest wife ever. I love stuff like that. So fun. those are memories you will cherish. I miss you and can't wait to see both of you in a few weeks.
Love Ya!

Penny said...

How cute are you? Enjoy this time together when you can do fun stuff like this. My favorite memory of when Waide and I were first married, my friends and I set up a scavenger hunt for our husbands that led them back to us for a Valentine's dinner. We still talk about that and laugh - you will do the same with this. Good wife points Kristin!

Are you going to be in UT before I leave?

Sarah and Bryant! said...

I'm gonna be a good wife just like you someday! :)

Team Tingey said...

Holy cow I had no clue you were back from your trip! It took me like an hour to go through all the new stuff on your blog. The pics from your trip are amazing...all I can say is WOW! Also wanted to say Jer is lucky to have ya. You are so creative...way to go girl! I love the bird post...it always reminds me of your b--ird voice. When will you be back? Well keep having fun and being crazy.