Thursday, August 20, 2009

Welcome to North Carolina

What a crazy weekend we had. On Saturday we packed up everything we have and stuffed it into our tiny car and began our drive to North Carolina. We decided to extend for a few more months so they moved us here. It was a long drive but it was beautiful. We drove through the most beautiful parts of the country. I loved Kentucky. The horses farms were unbelievable. West Virginia was also so so beautiful. There were so many rolling hills covered in green trees.
I really like the first picture of Jer. This is as we began our journey. He really doesn't like packing and as you can see he wasn't in the best mood. Ha ha.

This is the Chicago skyline. We passed through the city on our way to North Carolina. The traffic was crazy and as you can imagine Jeremy loved that.

Our little car was literally packed to the max. We fit everything we could and what we couldn't we said goodbye to.
Welcome to North Carolina. We were so happy to see this sign and know we finally made it.


We live in a great clean safe place with lots to do. We don't have furniture quite yet but we have made ourselves comfortable. I really love where we are staying. There is a pool and a great workout facility. I can also walk to the grocery store and other shopping places so that is a major plus. It really is so green and beautiful here. We have really enjoyed it so far and I can't wait to explore more of North Carolina.

2 comments:

Penny said...

I'm so glad to see you made it there. Now, to the important stuff - when are you coming to visit????

Jared & Shanee said...

I'm glad you made it safe. Wish I could have helped you pack. I cannot believe you car. You don't get a tighter packing job than that. Love you two.